I'm always searching through recipe books for alternative ways to make my favorite sweets. One thing I absolutely love is a good banana loaf for breakfast. I made this recipe over the weekend and it's honestly the most delicious sweet loaf I've ever had! It's moist on the inside with plenty of sweetness from the raisins and maple syrup. The Elemental crumble gives this loaf the perfect finishing touch for a crunchy texture in every bite.
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 5 over-ripe bananas
- half cup of raisins
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoon of Elemental cranberry crumble
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork or masher and add them to large bowl
2. Grind the oats into a flour in a food processor
3. Melt the coconut oil, until it turns into a liquid. Then mix all the ingredients together
4. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil, then add the mix to the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Then let it cool for 30 minutes to finish setting. As all ovens vary, you may need to bake it in the oven for slightly longer. I also find that leaving it out to cool for a while helps the loaf to set properly.
5. Cut the loaf into slices & sprinkle a few tablespoons of crumble all around the bread
That's it! Be sure to make a few batches as this will be gone in seconds, Enjoy :)