This is one of my daughter's favorite recipes! She can not eat any dairy, so regular chocolate mousse is out! I have been making this dark chocolate, avocado mousse for her for years, and I actually prefer it over the regular choco mousse any day. It is so rich and creamy, sweetened with dates and a little pure maple syrup and loaded with healthy fats from the avocado. I always add reishi mushroom powder for a little immunity boost and extra nutrition! We enjoy it topped with berries, shredded coconut, and a little Cranberry Almond + Lucuma Crumble
Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 large ripe organic avocados
- 3-4 dates (I used organic medjool)
- 3/4 c organic, raw cacao powder (you could use a high quality cocoa powder as well)
- 1/2 cup organic pure maple syrup (you can adjust and add more if you like it more sweet)
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tsp reishi mushroom powder
Put everything in your vitamix (or food processor) and blend until smooth.
Divide into small bowls and chill for a half hour in fridge.
Add toppings of choice and enjoy!